Help, guidance and advice when needed
support_agent
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Tomas Vincent Owen
    Participant

Dear fellow academics,

My name is Tomas Owen and I wish this message finds you all in good spirit.

After studying the case of the Moorcock (1889) 14 PD 64 in my legal undergraduate degree it became apparent that I wished to become a maritime solicitor. I graduated from University of Reading with a LLB (2.1) in 2015. Having achieved a vacation scheme with a law firm in London it was advised that gaining seagoing experience and achieving a BSc (Hons) in Marine Operations would bolster my chances in securing a training contract.
    I have recently completed the Deck Cadetship in South Shields Marine School. As a deck cadet I served on LPG/C vessels on worldwide voyages with the Latsis family owned shipping company Latsco London. It was an invaluable insight into the shipping industry and I enjoyed the opportunity in analysing Charterparties and B/L’s. The experience of being a seafarer proved to be a truly delightful one, having traversed many meridians and taken in some awe inspiring sights such as the newly expanded Panama Canal, Magellan Strait and Malacca Strait to name just a few.
    A challenge I relish is alongside doing this top up degree scheme, I am doing a fulltime LLM Postgraduate in International Maritime Law at Swansea University commencing September 2018.

Yours Faithfully,
    Tomas

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Newsletter Signup

Receive course information, offers, news and general infromation about MLA, sign up today

Associated with

Part of
Partner College of
A Strategic Partner of
Official Education Partner of
A Member of
A Member of
Registered with the